It has been a while since my last post, but I thought what better way to celebrate one of my favorite holidays than with blog post? Happy Halloween!
Here are some interesting statistics about the spooky holiday I found via HalloweenStats.com:
- 41 million: The estimated number of potential trick-or-treaters in 2010 – children 5 to 14 – across the United States.
- 1.1 billion pounds: Pumpkin production by major pumpkin-producing states in 2010. Illinois produced an estimated 427 million pounds of the vined orange gourd. California, New York and Ohio were also major pumpkin-producing states, each with an estimate of more than 100 million pounds.
- 409: Number of U.S. establishments that manufactured nonchocolate confectionary products in 2009. These establishments employed 16,974 people. California led the nation in this category, with 45 establishments.
- 24.7 pounds: Per capita consumption of candy by Americans in 2010.
- 1,719: Number of costume rental and formal wear establishments across the nation in 2009.
I hope you all have a fun and safe holiday! Eat lots of candy, too!